Why is this drug recommended?
Avanafil is made use of to treat erectile dysfunction (ED: impotence; failure to get or keep an erection in males). Avanafil is in a course of medications called phosphodiesterase (PDE) inhibitors. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis throughout sex-related stimulation. This enhanced blood circulation can cause an erection. Avanafil does not cure impotence or boost sexual desire. Avanafil does not prevent pregnancy or the spread of sexually transmitted diseases such as human immunodeficiency virus (HIV).
Exactly how should this medication be used?
Avanafil comes as a tablet to take by mouth. For guys taking the 100- mg or 200-mg doses, avanafil is typically taken with or without food as needed, about 15 mins prior to sexual activity. For guys taking the 50-mg dosage, avanafil is usually taken with or without food as needed, about thirty minutes prior to sex. Do not take avanafil more often than once in 24-hour. Follow the instructions on your prescription tag thoroughly, and ask your physician or pharmacist to clarify any component you do not understand. Take avanafil specifically as guided. Do not take basically of it or take it more frequently than prescribed by your doctor.
Your doctor will most likely begin you on an average dose of avanafil and may enhance or reduce your dose depending upon just how you reply to the drug. Tell your medical professional if avanafil is not working well or if you experience negative effects.
Ask your pharmacologist or medical professional for a copy of the maker’s information for the individual.
Other usages for this medication
This medication may be recommended for various other uses; ask your doctor or pharmacologist for more information.
What unique precautions should I follow?
Before taking avanafil,
- tell your medical professional as well as pharmacologist if you are allergic to avanafil, any other medications, or any one of the ingredients in avanafil tablets. Ask your pharmacist or check the person information for a checklist of the active ingredients.
- do not take avanafil if you are taking or have actually lately taken riociguat (Adempas) or nitrates such as isosorbide dinitrate (Dilatrate-SR, Isordil, in BiDil), isosorbide mononitrate (Monoket), and also nitroglycerin (Minitran, Nitro-Dur, Nitromist, Nitrostat, others). Nitrates come as tablets, sublingual (under the tongue) tablets, sprays, patches, pastes, and also ointments. Ask your physician if you are uncertain if any one of your medications consist of nitrates.
- do not take street medicines having nitrates such as amyl nitrate and butyl nitrate (‘ poppers’) while taking avanafil.
- tell your medical professional as well as pharmacist what various other prescription as well as nonprescription medicines, vitamins, nutritional supplements, as well as herbal items you are taking or strategy to take. Make certain to discuss any of the following: alpha blockers such as alfuzosin (Uroxatral), doxazosin (Cardura), prazosin (Minipress), tamsulosin (Flomax, in Jalyn), silodosin (Rapaflo), and terazosin; specific antifungal medicines such as fluconazole (Diflucan), itraconazole (Onmel, Sporanox), and ketoconazole (Nizoral); aprepitant (Emend); clarithromycin (Biaxin, in Prevpac); diltiazem (Cardizem, Cartia, Tiazac); erythromycin (E.E.S, E-Mycin, Erythrocin); HIV protease preventions such as atazanavir (Reyataz, in Evotaz), fosamprenavir (Lexiva), indinavir (Crixivan), nelfinavir (Viracept), ritonavir (Norvir, in Kaletra), and saquinavir (Invirase); other drugs or treatments for impotence; medications for high blood pressure; nefazodone; verapamil (Calan, Covera, Verelan, others); and telithromycin (Ketek). Your physician may require to alter the doses of your medicines or check you thoroughly for adverse effects. Lots of various other medications might also connect with avanafil, so be sure to inform your medical professional regarding all the medications you are taking, also those that do not appear on this listing.
- inform your physician if you have actually ever before been encouraged by a physician to stay clear of sexual activity for clinical factors, if you have actually had heart surgical treatment within the past 6 months as well as if you have ever had an erection that lasted longer than 4 hrs. Also inform your physician if you have or have ever had a condition that affects the form of the penis such as angulation, cavernosal fibrosis, or Peyronie’s disease; a heart attack; a stroke; an uneven heartbeat; a blocked artery; angina (chest discomfort); high or low blood pressure; cardiac arrest; blood cell issues such as sickle cell anemia (an illness of the red blood cells), several myeloma (cancer of the plasma cells), or leukemia (cancer cells of the white blood cells); abscess; blood loss issues; or liver or kidney illness. Also tell your physician if you have or have ever had retinitis pigmentosa (an unusual acquired eye illness) or if you have ever had severe vision loss, specifically if you were informed that the vision loss was triggered by an obstruction of blood circulation to the nerves that assist you see.
- you need to understand that avanafil is only for usage in males. Females must not take avanafil, specifically if they are or might become pregnant or are breastfeeding. If an expecting woman takes avanafil, she ought to call her medical professional.
- speak with your doctor about the safe use of alcohols during your therapy with avanafil. If you drink a large quantity of alcohol (more than three glasses of white wine or three shots of whiskey) while you are taking avanafil you are more probable to experience specific negative effects of avanafil such as dizziness, headache, rapid heart beat, and also low blood pressure.
- if you are having surgical treatment, including dental surgery, tell the medical professional or dental practitioner that you are taking avanafil.
- you must recognize that sex may be a strain on your heart, particularly if you have heart disease. If you have chest pain, lightheadedness, or nausea or vomiting throughout sexual activity, call your physician quickly as well as prevent sex up until your medical professional informs you otherwise.
- talk your healthcare providers that you are taking avanafil. If you ever need emergency clinical treatment for a heart issue, the doctor that treat you will require to understand when you last took avanafil.
What special nutritional guidelines should I comply with?
Speak to your medical professional concerning consuming grapefruit as well as alcohol consumption grapefruit juice while taking this drug.
What side effects can this drug cause?
Avanafil might cause side effects. Tell your physician if any one of these signs and symptoms are serious or do not vanish:
- back pain
Some negative effects can be serious. If you experience any of these signs, call your physician right away or get emergency medical treatment:
- an erection that lasts longer than 4 hrs
- abrupt loss of vision in one or both eyes (see listed below to find out more).
- sudden hearing loss (see below to learn more).
- ringing in the ears.
- swollen eyelids.
Avanafil may cause opposite results. Call your doctor if you have any unusual problems while taking this drug.
If you experience a severe side effect, you or your doctor may send out a report to the Fda’s (FDA) MedWatch Damaging Occasion Reporting program online (http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch) or by phone (1-800-332-1088).
Some clients experienced a sudden loss of some or every one of their vision after they took medicines that resemble avanafil. The vision loss was permanent in some cases. It is not known if the vision loss was caused by the medicine. If you experience an abrupt loss of vision while you are taking avanafil, call your medical professional promptly. Do not take any more dosages of avanafil or similar drugs such as sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis) or vardenafil (Levitra) till you talk with your medical professional.
Some people experienced a sudden decline or loss of hearing after they took other drugs that are similar to avanafil. The hearing loss typically entailed only one ear and also did not always boost when the medication was stopped. It is not known if the hearing loss was triggered by the drug. If you experience an abrupt loss of hearing, often with buzzing in the ears or lightheadedness, while you are taking avanafil, call your doctor instantly. Do not take any more doses of avanafil or similar medications such as sildenafil (Revatio, Viagra), tadalafil (Cialis) or vardenafil (Levitra) till you speak to your doctor.
What should I find out about storage space as well as disposal of this drug?
Maintain this medication in the container it can be found in, snugly shut, and also unreachable of youngsters. Shop it at area temperature and away from excess heat and also wetness (not in the washroom).
Unnecessary medications ought to be thrown away in unique ways to make certain that pet dogs, youngsters, and also other people can not consume them. Nevertheless, you must not flush this medicine down the toilet. Rather, the very best means to get rid of your medicine is through a medicine take-back program. Talk with your pharmacologist or contact your regional garbage/recycling department to find out about take-back programs in your area. See the FDA’s Safe Disposal of Medicines internet site (http://goo.gl/c4Rm4p) to learn more if you do not have accessibility to a take-back program.
It is necessary to keep all medication concealed and reach of children as several containers (such as regular tablet minders and those for eye decreases, creams, spots, and also inhalers) are not child-resistant and young children can open them easily. To shield young kids from poisoning, always lock safety and security caps as well as immediately position the medicine in a safe place– one that is up and away and also out of their sight and reach. http://www.upandaway.org.
In case of emergency/overdose.
In case of overdose, call the poisonous substance control helpline at 1-800-222-1222. Information is also available online at https://www.poisonhelp.org/help. If the sufferer has broken down, had a seizure, has trouble breathing, or can’t be stired up, promptly call emergency situation solutions at 911.
What other details should I understand?
Keep all visits with your medical professional.
Do not allow anyone else take your medication. Ask your pharmacologist any kind of questions you have about replenishing your prescription.
It is essential for you to keep a written checklist of all of the prescription as well as nonprescription (over the counter) medications you are taking, in addition to any items such as vitamins, minerals, or various other dietary supplements. You must bring this listing with you each time you go to a doctor or if you are confessed to a medical facility. It is also important details to carry with you in case of emergencies.